- 1 recipe Homemade Flatbread
- 1/2-3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage
- Follow steps 1-5 for preparing homemade flatbread.
- Roll sausage into quarter-size meatballs and brown in a heavy skillet turning until thoroughly cooked.
- Wipe the inside of a heavy skillet with a paper towel moistened with olive oil. Preheat the pan over high heat for 5 minutes until smoking. Place the prepared dough in the skillet until the crust bubbles, about 1 minute.
- Turn the flatbread onto a working surface, grilled side up. Brush the flatbread generously with pizza sauce. Add shredded cheese and top with Italian sausage.
- Place the flatbread back in the skillet over medium heat until cheese is melted and bottom has formed a brown crust.